|An energy dense, high protein nutrition with EPA|
|Prosure is a high protein, energy dense, oral formula containing 1.1gm EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid, an Omega-3 fatty acid derived from fish oil) per serving. 2 servings per day meets 100% or more of the Health Promotion Board's Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA) quidelines for B12, Folic Acid and Vitamin C and E. It helps to promote weight gain and build muscles, increase strength, enhance physical activity and improves the quality of life.
Gluten-free and lactose-free.
|For the dietary management of people experiencing unwanted weight loss.
Suitable for people with (involuntary) cancer-induced weight loss.
- 240ml: 75g or 9 scoops of powder + 190ml Water
- 120ml (half serving): 37.5g or 4.5 scoops of powder + 95ml Water
Directions for use:
Add half of the required water to the full amount of powder to make a homogeneous paste and then add the rest of the water while stirring. Used portion must be refrigerated and used within 24 hours.
|Once container is opened, cover and put in a cool, dry place and use within 2 weeks.
*This product is a supplemental nutrition to be used under medical supervision. Not intended for children unless recommended by a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. Not for parenteral use. Not for use in galactosemia.
How does cancer cause changes to the body's metabolism?
Weight loss caused by the presence of a tumor is different from weight loss due to emotional anxiety or depression or the side effects of cancer treatment.
The tumor produces substances that alter the body's metabolism of protein, carbohydrates and fat, and causes the body to burn calories faster than they can ordinarily be replaced. An increase in the metabolism of protein and fat can lead to the loss of muscle tissue as well as fat.
Simply eating more food or using conventional nutritional beverages is not the answer if the underlying metabolic problems are not addressed.
Why is maintaining weight so important?
If you continue to lose weight it can affect your ability to deal with cancer and its treatment. The loss of as little as 5% of body weight can affect your response to cancer therapy and reduce your quality of life.
Managing weight loss and rebuilding muscle can give you more energy for the independence and activities you treasure, like spending a morning in the park or an evening with friends and family.
What is in ProSure®?
- EPA*, an omega-3 fatty acid derived from fish oil, which normalizes some of the metabolic processes that cause weight loss in cancer patients.
- Quality protein to help rebuild muscle mass.
- Enhanced levels of vitamins and minerals that are commonly reduced in cancer patients.
- Complete, balanced nutrition to help fight weight loss.
- Low in fat to help with digestion.
- FOS+, a soluble fiber that helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
EPA* = eicosapentaenoic acid
FOS+ = fructooligosaccharides
How much ProSure® to take?
- 2 servings daily is strongly recommended for optimum effectiveness.
- Continue for at least 3-4 weeks to see benefits when used as recommended. Normalizing metabolism, regaining weight and building muscle takes time.
* Use under medical supervision. Your doctor will tell you exactly how long to take ProSure®.