The Core-Max® Expedition is a lightweight and versatile pediatric TLSO incorporating all the benefits of a traditional SPIO® orthosis with a rigid posterior trunk support system.
1. Provides abundant and consistent sensory stimulation via compression. SPIO® orthoses provide two and a half times more compression than athletic compression wear. All SPIO® Orthoses are made of high-quality, specially milled fabric that is lightweight, wick-able and breathable. The unique SPIO® fabric maintains its compression, even after prolonged use, and features high-rebound properties and a strong neutral memory that assists the wearer in returning the body to mid-line.
2. Features the SPIO® X posterior panel system. The unique X shape and construction of these mold-able and flexible Kydex panels provides greater stability than stays, while still allowing functional range of motion. Each Core-Max® Expedition TLSO includes two panels of different dimensions and support, and a pair of rigid stays. The two panels offer different degrees of rigidity and trunk support, but both fit snuggly within a pocket on the posterior neoprene panel. Providers may use:
- Both panels simultaneously to provide maximal support.
- The larger X to provide significant support.
- The smaller X to provide less support.
- Stays, provided with the system, when minimal support is needed.
- The neoprene back panel alone, to provide compression without mechanical support.
3. Can be utilized for a broad spectrum of children with varying levels of hypotonia. As a child demonstrates improved trunk control, the TLSO can be transformed by removing the panels, replacing them with stays, or worn without and ridged components. It is a progressive TLSO system that can be modified to meet each child's needs, even as those needs change.